AKG C414 XLS Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- Dual 1-Inch Capsule
- Switchable 6, 12 & 18 dB Pads
- Three Switchable Bass-Cut Filters
- Lock Mode to Disable Controls
- Peak-Hold LED
- Shockmount, Pop Filter, Case
- Designed and Manufactured in Austria
The classic C414 XLS Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLS remains one of the most versatile condenser microphones for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic and amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone is designed to closely approximate the sonic character of the vintage C414 B-ULS. The 1″ edge-terminated, dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a detailed and natural sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Built and designed in Austria, the C414 XLS comes with a metal carrying case, a spider-type shockmount, a pop filter, and a foam windscreen.
- Dual-diaphragm 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8, wide cardioid, and the intermediate patterns in between
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- Lock Mode for live operation—all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, and 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6, -12, and -18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration