QSC K12.2 Two-Way 12″ 2000W Powered Portable PA Speaker with Integrated Speaker Processor
Designed to deliver professional-quality audio, the 12″ QSC K12.2 is a highly flexible, easy to use, 2000W powered portable PA speaker for today’s working musicians, singer/songwriters, mobile DJs, and other sound providers.
The speaker works in a variety of orientations and configurations for use as a main PA or stage monitor. When used as a main speaker, a pair of K12.2s is well equipped to cover an audience of 300+.
A push button on the back of the speaker allows you to physically switch between eleven preset modes and four subwoofer preset modes for incorporating a dedicated subwoofer to extended low-end performance. The built-in DSP provides user control over mic/line and mic/inst selections, factory presets, an alignment delay for rear fills, and a 2-band parametric EQ with high- and low-shelf filters. All settings can be saved into one of five user scenes for easy recall.
Two inputs (A and B) feature combo XLR-1/4″ connectors with input A offering a Mic/Line selection and input B offering Mic/Hi-Z selection, which is designed for connecting high-impedance signals such as guitars and other instruments. Additionally, channel 3 provides a 3.5mm TRS auxiliary input for connecting portable audio devices.
With independent mic and line inputs, the K12.2 is a great choice for any singer/songwriter or solo performer with an instrument. You have independent control over mic and instrument levels, while the aux input provides backing tracks or incidental music between sets.
Inputs A and B also feature XLR Thru-Outputs for daisy-chaining to additional speakers or other audio equipment. All three mono inputs are mixed to a mono signal internally and are passed-thru the Mix Out XLR connector. For a true stereo L/R operation, two K12.2s are needed with each to receive independent the left and right signals respectively.
The highly efficient 2000W Class-D amplifier powers the 12″ woofer and 1.4″ titanium compression driver, which provide full-range audio (50 Hz to 20 kHz) with a sound pressure level powerful enough to ensure the entire audience can hear your performance. QSC’s Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) matches the coverage angle of the woofer at the crossover frequency with the horn pattern to ensure a uniform response across the coverage area (75° axisymetric). The Intrinsic Correction techniques ensure a smooth power response resulting in accurate performance in a wide range of acoustic spaces with little or no EQ. The K12.2 includes a power cord.
At a Glance
- 2000W Class-D amplifier module
- Factory Presets and savable/recallable scenes for commonly used applications
- Multifunction digital display for control and selection of loudspeaker functions including crossover, EQ, delay, and frequency contour
- Intrinsic Correction tuning and loudspeaker management
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) design provides excellent power response and consistent performance across the listening area
- Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
- Rugged ABS enclosure for long life and lasting durability
- Deployment in either main PA or floor monitor position
- Dual pole cup mounts (standard and 7.5 degree down-tilt)
- M10 fittings for flown applications